Derby Business Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Derby Business Group

A group created for the discussion and betterment of the Derby Business community and the Derby and surrounds community as a whole

You are not connected. Please login or register

Easing of restrictions and direction for Derby businesses

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jason H

Admin

I hope this finds you well. I thought it might be time to touch base as
the governments start to ease restrictions, in case there is anything we
can achieve together to benefit the business community and community as
a whole in Derby and surrounds.

I am concerned about the 30km travel restrictions in place and have
contacted the premier's office for more information on this as I can't
see how Derby can move forward without travellers from the whole of
Tasmania. I will update you if and when I receive a reply.

All the best.

Jason

https://derby-business-group.forumotion.com

Brooke McDonald

Yes, the 30 km travel restriction is a worry. The loosening of restrictions would allow us to open our accommodation from June 15 but there is no point if we can’t serve our guests food or alcohol and there is nowhere else open in town that can do so. With the 30 km travel restriction in place we would have very few, if any, people able to stay anyway.

We also think that opening pubs, restaurants and cafes to only 10 patrons at a time is not viable.We have made a decision not to reopen until we can open at full capacity. The re-stocking costs, running of equipment and staffing costs would outweigh any benefit of opening.
Cheers, Brooke & Sean

3Easing of restrictions and direction for Derby businesses Empty 15th of June? Wed May 13, 2020 8:51 am

Jason H

Admin

It appears the 15th of June may be the time the intra state travel restrictions are lifted. Although I couldn't see that on the original road map. Jacqueline and I will conduct some business planning along those lines and hopefully open up then. Although it will still be very quiet. I imagine if things go that way we will have a busy school holiday period in July at least.

I should add that we agree the ten person limit makes dining in untenable, so will most likely only be takeaway (with the verandah and beer garden available for customers who maintain social distancing).

Brooke McDonald

Yes - I did see something yesterday about intrastate travel opening up on the 15th. It will be great to welcome back Tasmanians but Tasmanians are weekend tourists, I imagine that during the week we would see very few people in Derby. For us, it is not worth opening until we can operate the pub as well and even then, it will depend on the numbers we are allowed to have. The school holidays are the 4 -19th July and they are not even considering opening pubs until the 13th July so I don't think that opening for the school holidays will be an option either. Still - things change every day so we will see....
Cheers, Brooke

thepostmasters

Hello folks,

Looking forward to talking with everyone now Jason has sorted me out technolgy wise
:-)

6Easing of restrictions and direction for Derby businesses Empty Intra state travel Mon May 25, 2020 10:26 am

Jason H

Admin

I have received confirmation from the Premier's office that intra state travel will be unrestricted from stage two of the road map, which at this stage is the 15th of June.

We plan to open from the 11th of June for takeaway and will asses the demand and possibility of dine in as we go.

For the July holidays we are looking at opening seven days.

All this is loose planning, of course.

Brooke McDonald

Yes, we saw that Intrastate travel opens up on the 15th June, I think dine-in numbers also extend to 20 from the 15th June (but still with the 1 person/4square metres rule.) At this stage we are thinking about opening accommodation and restaurant for the school holidays 7 days per week (probably dinner only Mon-Fri and lunch and dinner Sat and Sun) Not sure when we will be able to open the bar again - that won't considered until July 13th according to the easing of restrictions guidelines. We will think about just operating Fri, Sat and Sun after the school holidays as we feel weekdays will still be quiet if Tasmania is not open to the mainland by then. It will be very much trial and error to see what is viable and what is not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum